Tuesday, May 29, 2012

End of year projects, Part 1

I will be starting end-of-the year projects with my 7th grade accelerated Algebra class today. I instituted these last year because their annual camping trip was moved to the last week in May, and I just knew that when they came back and realized they still had a week and a half of school left, there would not be any seat work or more traditional instruction possible. Also, end-of-year projects are fun and allow students to see and show what they have learned. I am using a "contract," which is similar to what I do when I have students work in centers to make my expectations clear:

End of Year Projects Contract

I will be using a rubric to give students feedback about their work, productivity, and presentations:


Rubric

In part 2, I will talk about the different projects that students can choose and how they are working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment