Thursday, May 24, 2012

Writer's Block

I'm doing this because it's good for me. Starting a blog, that is. I know that it's supposed to help me process my thinking, collaborate with other educators, and model the "always learning" mindset that I hope to instill in my students. Still, it's something that I've resisted for a really long time for the obvious reasons: fear of judgement, worry about giving up even more of my precious, precious free time, but most importantly, because I know that it won't be perfect. And if it's not going to be perfect, that's just worse than not writing one at all, right? I stopped writing poetry in high school because the one person I showed it to didn't think it was very good. So this is definitely an astronomic leap outside of my comfort zone, but one that I hope will pay off. I have been a Math teacher for 8 years, and for most of that time, have done all of my processing and planning inside my head. For the first time, I plan to open the door to my classroom and think out loud. Please feel free to talk back, whether through comments or by emailing me.

My 7th grade students working on a lab investigation

2 comments:

  1. Anna, You inspire me. Perhaps I will do some writing this summer about the changes I hope to make with my teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa! I hope you do, and I look forward to reading your reflections!

    ReplyDelete